Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: "The Darkest Minds" by Alexandra Bracken

10576365  
~o~Rating~o~



I read this a few months ago and I am still obsessing over it. The Darkest Minds was absolutely amazing! I loved the story, the world building and the character development. This is a difficult book for me to review because it was the writing that caught my attention so much more than the story. Alexandra Bracken is a wonderful and truly gifted writer. I liked how she didn’t give us all the details at once but rather left clues for us to piece together. The plot twists were very well done and enough of a surprise to wow the readers.

I loved reading this book from Ruby’s perspective because I feel like she is a very strong character. At-first she is unsure of herself, she is still coping with accidentally causing the memory loss of her parents and her friend Sam. It takes her quite a while to become comfortable with the others (Liam, Chubs and Zu) but she does.

Liam is now definitely in my top 5 favorite YA male characters list. He is so sweet! I think him and Ruby make a very good team.

And I was a bit wary of Chubs at-first, but he turned out to be completely and utterly AWESOME! He is probably my favorite character. I loved his sense of humor and how he slowly became accustomed to Ruby. He turned out to be a very good friend.

So many things happened in this book but still I thought it was way too short. This isn’t a very thorough review but if you haven’t read it yet, go read it right now!

~o~SPOILER ALERT~o~           

The ending scene made me so mad! Ruby just had to go and be all noble! It was very unexpected; I was shocked. Thankfully, I was able to start on Never Fade (the sequel to The Darkest Minds) right away.





2 comments:

  1. I love love love this book! It is my all time favorite series! And Alex Bracken is my all time favorite author! I love Ruby so much! I feel like she grows so much in this book from being the girl who is scared of her powers and doesn't want to tell her new friends to being much more confident and comfortable with her power. Confident enough to break my little heart in that last scene... Ahhhhh. And I LOVE Liam! He is my favorite book boyfriend. I am dying to get Alex's new book. I have no doubt that it will be absolutely AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm replying late! I LOVE the Darkest Minds series to death!! Liam is so AWESOME! That last scene was almost unbearable. I think her new book will amazing too! I don't think Alex Bracken is capable of bad writing.

    ReplyDelete