Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

This is the Unpopular Opinion Book Tag. It’s been floating around for a while now so I decided  to try it. First tag of the year! This tag was created by TheBookArcher on YouTube.

A popular book or series you didn’t like:

There are actually a LOT of books I dislike that most people seem to love.

 

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell; Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas; The Selection by Kiera Cass. For a classic, I’ll say The Lord of the Rings. I just can’t get through those books.

A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you loved:

I cannot think of one. Usually, the books people have problems with are the ones I also don’t like. Skip.

A love triangle where the character ended up with the character you didn’t like/ an OTP you didn’t care for:

 

Matched series by Allie Condie. I won’t give a spoiler in case someone doesn’t know who she ends up with but I was not a fan of the ending.

A popular book genre you hardly reach for:

Paranormal Romance. I have never read a paranormal romance I loved. 

A popular character you didn’t like: 

Tris from the Divergent series, especially after Allegiant.

A popular author you can’t seem to get into:

I’ll go with a classic: Charles Dickens. His books bore to me death.

A popular book trope you’re tired of seeing:

An obvious one would be love triangles; I am so tired of those. Another would be absent parents; majority of main characters’ parents in YA literature are absent either physically or emotionally. I rarely read books where the protagonist's parents are actually a major force in their life.

A popular book or series you have no interest in reading:

The Selection series; Hush Hush series; Shatter Me trilogy. I tried reading all of these and failed miserably.

The saying goes, “The book is always better than the movie” but what movie do you liked better than the book?

Image result for Ella Enchanted

There are times when I love the movie as much as I love the book but rarely do I love a movie better than the book. The only one I can think of is Ella Enchanted.

This was a fun tag! I tag Stellah @ The Little Book Nerd’s Life, Cindy Sanders @ Stranger Things Have Happened and anyone else who wants to do it.

4 comments:

  1. I always feel like I have a lot of unpopular opinions! I am actually not a fan of John Green's books for one, or Harry Potter which usually has people wondering how on earth I am reading them xD I also liked Ella Enchanted more than the book. That movie will forever be a childhood reminder as well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like Harry Potter??!! Off with your head!!
      :D Ella Enchanted is a wonderful movie.

      Delete
  2. How could you not like Throne of Glass?!?! It's amazing!!
    But I do agree that the trope of absentee parents is really stupid. I would really love a book with parents who are supportive of the protagonist's decisions.
    And what didn't you like about Eleanor and Park?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't like Throne of Glass. I loved the premise of it but the writing just didn't live up to my expectation.
      Right! Can we just have one popular book where the book character's parents are present in their lives?
      I didn't like the romance between them. It didn't seem real enough. And it also didn't seem like it was set in the 80's which is what the setting is supposed to be. It was still an okay enough book though. I just don't see what all the hype is about.

      Delete